Making your own hand sanitizer is an easy way to keep your hands soft and germ free with not that much effort or money. Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oil have incredible antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, plus they smell heavenly together!
Here is my favorite recipe for a natural hand sanitizer...
- 1 oz. spray bottle
- Tea Tree and Lavender Essential Oil
- Witch Hazel or High Proof Pure Grain Alcohol (Vodka or Everclear)
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vitamin E Oil (optional...I like to use this as a natural preservative for a longer shelf life, also helps soften the hands!)
- Pyrex beaker or measuring cup (makes it easier to pour)
- Small funnel
- 2 tablespoons of Witch Hazel
- 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/4 teaspoon of Vitamin E
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 30 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Mix everything together well with a spoon
- Pour mixture into a 1 oz. spray bottle using a small funnel. If this amount does not reach the top of the bottle, just add a little bit more of the Witch Hazel.
- Shake before use and...Voila! Your hand sanitizer is ready to use. Perfectly compact to keep in your car, purse, or wherever you need to clean and sanitize your hands naturally.